Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Garden Pictures from June 16 ~ Updated today

These pictures have been updated so you can see the ripe cherry tomatoes and blueberries, which we will be enjoying on Friday night for Sabbath dinner.

I wanted to post the pics of the micro-irrigation system. These are okay pictures, but the garden is actually looking more filled in just in the past two week. If you look closely, you can see the hoses from the main lines for the drip irrigation system I installed.

We have eaten all the first two crops of lettuce, we're eating strawberries (a few) every week, snow peas every week and are awaiting our very first SLO tomatoes! There are 3 that just started turning colors - it won't be long now!

First, let's start with the fruits:

Here are the boysenberries:


A close-up of one of the boysenberry plants:


Pic of the squash and beans (since entirely eaten by the sowbug/roly polies:


Here are the watermelons along the fence:


And the tomatoes next to them:




Now, we'll scoot over to the blueberry bushes, from which Dr. Happy and I had our first nibbles last weekend:








Here's the view of the longer, fatter part of the garden:


Close-up of the strawberries on the right:



The cherry tomatoes:





The big tomatoes:


I think you can see the tomato peeking out:


Green onions and spinach, not the best growing part of the garden. I may need to add some more soil to this part:



Cantaloupes and honey dew melons flowering:


Hot peppers and green peppers:


Brussel sprouts sprouting:



Midget corn:


Peas and beans:


Peas on the end:


Moving over to the flower box that you can't see, here are herbs IN the flower box.
Cilantro:


Parsley:


Green onions:


Dill:


Basil:


Gotta go take the chickens off the stove to cook so I can pick off the meat and turn it into soup. I received the pressure canner I ordered, so I will be using it for the first time to turn those chickens into soup for the winter. I am so glad I finally cooked them, they were taking up so much space in the freezer!

More pictures when I get to them...

No comments: