Friday, May 1, 2009

Hammagedon or APORKalypse Now

Okay, the MSM has a grip o'us with our panties bunched over the Flying Pig Flu (FPF). But now, it is REALLY getting nutty. Egypt is slaughtering all pigs, companies that produce Thyroid medicine are putting out press releases, and now we can't call a pig a "pig".

Luv George and all, but in his factoring of mortality rate for FPF using calculations and statistics from WHO, it seems to me that reports show that there was gross underreporting of infection. For instance, one report I read reported over 1000 people in Mexico alone were infected. Today there was another report saying, AHEM, that there may be some exagerration of numbers. I know we don't wanna stand around holding our "privates" waiting for data ('cause now we KNOW it will be nairishkite), but neither do we want to be part of the chattering masses, performing the stir-n-scare for the Administration. Here's a fer-instance:

"In the United States, the confirmed case count stood at 132. State lab operators say there are more cases than the confirmed number because they are not testing all suspected cases, focusing on finding new outbreak hot spots and limiting the flu's spread.

In Mexico, the outbreak's epicenter, new cases and the death rate were leveling off, the country's top medical officer said. Health authorities said they have confirmed 300 swine flu cases and 12 deaths due to the virus...

As recently as Wednesday, Mexico's health secretary said there 168 suspected swine flu deaths and almost 2,500 suspected cases. Mexican officials have stopped updating that number and say those totals may have been inflated."


I suppose the Chinese herbs, antihistamines and other assorted chemicals with which I've been dosing myself to get rid of this hideous cold may be affecting my ability to process data. BTW, my accupuncturist told me of a soup one can make to fight off runny noses and "stuff":

1 tbl yang jiang preserved beans,
5-6 green onions (scallions)
1/2 tsp fresh ginger
couple white pepper corns
4 cups water (I used prepared kosher chicken broth)
I also added a handful of green pea pods and 1/2 green pepper
Boil for a few minutes and drink.
I found it a little salty, but tasty. And I wanted to pick out the beans, they felt mushy in mah mouth. But I didn't.


Yahoo had another FPF for Dummies article today.

Also, WH spokesman Gibbs' report that one of the WH staffers and members of his family have/had FPF.

And God bless Mr. Biden for telling the "truth". He truly is the WH Court Jester. It makes me just feel so proud to know that ANYONE can get into the WH, regardless of intellectual or diplomatic capacities

The rest of the news makes me want to be beheaded (Three possible SCOTUS judges needing replaced, Craigslist Murderer's Girlfriend came to her senses, Gay Couples crossing state lines to get "married"...), so I'll go back to my comfy bed and get better.

Thank goodness for Kinneret challah. I am just too tired to make my own today. Red snapper, carrots/scallions and cuke/tomato/garbanzo salad for Shabbat dinner.

Shabbat Shalom, y'all.

No comments: